Your Spring Time Yard Clean Up Checklist
Monday Mar 23rd, 2020Share
You know your yard needs some work this spring, but you’re not sure where to start. Well, now’s the time to tackle that chore and make sure your yard is well on its way to looking its best. Whether you know you want to sell your Oakville home this springor you want to be prepared just in case, your curb appeal can play a huge role in enticing prospective buyers.
As a top realtor in Oakville, Sue Heddle Homesoffers free home staging to all of our listing clients. This means the inside of your home would be taken care of, but we aren’t able to tackle your yard! However, to make things easier, take a look at this spring clean-up checklist that we’ve created to help.
The Only Spring Yard Clean Up Checklist You’ll Need
Did you know that if you don’t clean up dead plants, stems and leaves your garden will not only look unkempt but the potential disease and fungus can end up causing major problems later on? You’ll also be letting weeds thrive, which can take things over if you’re not careful!
Now, once the ground has thawed and things have dried out a bit, it’s time to get to work. There is no expectation that you would get your clean up all done in one day, try tackling a few things every week.
- Pick up branches.
- Clean up dead plants and debris in the garden.
- Prune shrubs and trees to trigger new growth.
- Remove winter mulch and any other plant protection you have such as burlap wraps or screens.
- Brush back leaves on top of plants, but you don’t need to remove all leaves. They’re actually great for a garden.
- Pull dead annuals, roots and all.
- Remove dead growth from perennials, such as hostas.
- Pull weeds so that they don’t have time to establish deep roots.
- Add new mulch over freshly weeded gardens.
- Edge garden beds.
- Wash patio furniture.
- Sweep deck, patios and porches.
This list may seem long, but if you take the time to do a thorough spring clean-up, it will make your yard much easier to handle over the summer months. As mentioned, if selling your homeis likely to happen soon, tackling this list will also help to ensure you get the best price for your listing.
Sue Heddle Homes Can Sell Your Home This Spring
If you want your home to be on the market this spring, now’s the time to act. From making sure your home is well prepared to having a professional listing that draws in the right buyer, Sue Heddle Homescan help. With over a decade of experience as an Oakville realtor, Sue Heddleknows how to sell homes in any kind of market. To find out what your home is worthor if you have any questions, please contact usor give us a call at (416) 906-7998.