Where To Cut Down Your Own Christmas Tree Around Burlington, Oakville and Milton
Thursday Nov 15th, 2018Share
If you’d like the experience of heading out with your family to cut down your own Christmas tree this year, the Sue Heddle Homes team has compiled a list of local options (updated for the 2019 season) around Oakville, Milton and Burlington. Adding a beautiful fresh tree to your home is lovely way to decorate for the holidays.
Before you head out to select that perfect tree, here are some helpful tips to know when selecting a fresh Christmas tree:
- Figure out where you want to display the tree before actually going to get a tree so that you know how tall a tree to get.
- To test how fresh a tree is, hold a branch about six inches from the tip, between your thumb and finger, then pull your hand toward you allowing the branch to slip through your fingers. Needles should not fall off of the branch.
- Bend a needle between your fingers and thumb. The needle should form a "U" without breaking.
- For pre-cut trees lift tree a couple of inches from off the ground, bring it down briskly on the stump. Outside needles should not fall in large numbers.
- The tree should have a fresh fragrance and a bright green colour.
Cutting Down Your Own Christmas Tree Around Oakville, Burlington and Milton
The following tree farms all have cut your own Christmas tree options (they offer precut options too).
Cut your own or pre-cut pine, spruce and fir. There is also a gift barn, Santa and Mrs. Claus on select weekends, treats and horse drawn carriage rides.
Open weekdays noon to 7pm; weekends 9am to 5pm.
Location: 4231 Derry Rd., West of Milton between Appleby and Walkers Line
Cut your own or pre-cut eco-friendly trees on a pristine conservation-like setting by Spencer Creek. All trees are free of herbicides and pesticides. Also enjoy hot cider, wagon rides and candy canes for the kids! Open weekends: Sun up to sun down. Appointment only on weekdays.
Location: 1233 Safari Road,Millgrove, ON (located on the way to the African Lion Safari)
Pinedale Farms has been growing Christmas trees since 1955. Cut your own or pre-cut Scotch and White Pine, White and Norway Spruce, Balsam Fir or Colorado. Open Daily 8:00am to 5:00pm from the last weekend of November until December 24th.
Location: Three locations to choose from in Flamborough and Hamilton, ON (visit website for details)
Cut your own or pre-cut trees available. Be sure to visit the Christmas store for home decorating needs and enjoy a hay ride, cookie decorating, bonfires, hot chocolate and more. Opening day for trees is November 23, 2019. Visit the website for hours of operation right up until December 23rd.
Location: 1974 Concession Road 2 W, R.#1,Hamilton (Lynden), ON
Sue Heddle Homes is an award winning real estate agent serving Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Mississauga, with more than ten years of experience. When you list with Sue Heddle Homes, home staging is free! If you are ready to sell your home or buy a home, contact Sue Heddle at (416) 906-7998.