Ready To Buy A House In Oakville?
Thursday Jun 07th, 2018Share
So, you’ve made the decision to move and have decided to buy a house in Oakville, Ontario. Now what? We’ve talked before about the importance of finding the right Oakville real estate agent and some top house hunting mistakes, but what can you do to get familiar with your new town? Plenty!
A great Oakville real estate agent will spend some time going over different areas of Oakville and share some advice on what neighbourhoods might be best for you, based on your needs and what you are looking for. Oakville has plenty available for families, but it also has lots to offer seniors and young professionals too.
For those planning to buy a house in Oakville, Sue Heddle Homes is sharing the following information to help you narrow down the area you’d like to live and what you can look forward to once you’ve officially moved to town.
6 Things To Know Before You Move To Oakville
It is certainly worth driving around the Town of Oakville to see what area speaks to you. Depending on whether you prefer a newly built home or the mature trees of older lots, there are lots of options to consider.
1. Want to walk? Although the Town of Oakville is considered a suburb, there are areas where you can live that will allow you to walk to many amenities and leave the car at home. Both Downtown Oakville and the Bronte area have a mix of residential housing options that allow home owners to walk to restaurants, shops and grocery stores.
2. Community Centres. Oakville currently has four Community Centres that offer skating, fitness facilities, pools, a library and recreation programs for all ages. In addition, we also have many Seniors Centres, Youth Centres, Outdoor swimming pools and a soccer centre. Learn more about facilities in Oakville.
3. Easy Access To Toronto. If you like to visit Toronto or work in the big city, Oakville is only 30kms away and has two GO Train stations (Oakville GO and Bronte GO) that can get you to Toronto quickly.
4. Education Options. Oakville has many schools to choose from, which includes English, French and French Immersion. In addition, Sheridan College is a leading post-secondary institution that attracts students from all over the world. As part of their institution, Theatre Sheridan produces four to five Broadway shows for Oakville and surrounding communities to enjoy.
5. Outdoor Space. Oakville is known for beautiful trails and an abundance of green space and parks. We also have two harbours, and a few golf courses and driving ranges too! It’s no surprise to see many Oakville residents out walking, running or biking in all parts of the community.
6. Food And Culture. In addition to Theatre Sheridan, you can also catch fantastic shows at The Oakville Centre in downtown Oakville. You will also find a variety of excellent restaurants scattered all over Oakville, as well as some key events you won’t want to miss such as Midnight Madness, Family Ribfest, the Mayor’s Historical Picnic, Children’s Festival, Art in The Park, Songs of Summer Festival and so much more. View events calendar.
Find Your Oakville Home With Sue Heddle Homes
In addition to wanting a professional real estate agent, you’ll also want to find someone that knows Oakville. Sue Heddle Homes is a local area expert, with 10 years of experience helping families find the right Oakville home to meet their needs. We offer a committed approach that ensures all clients get dedicated and top-quality service. We’d love to help - contact us to find out more about how we can help you.