How To Prepare For Selling Your Home In The Spring Real Estate Market
Friday Feb 08th, 2019Share
Every year, once January gets underway, homeowners who have decided they’ll be selling their home during the upcoming spring real estate market start making decisions, doing research, and preparing themselves and their home to be listed on the market.
In general, real estate markets are most active in the spring, making it one of the best time to sell a home, for multiple reasons. Some of the most common reasons why the spring real estate market is a good time to sell include:
- Supply of motivated buyers is often the highest in the spring.
- Income tax returns during the spring can be put towards the purchase of a home.
- More daylight hours means homes will typically show better.
- Landscaping and curb appeal is better than the fall or winter months.
The Earlier You’re Ready, The Better
One mistake that homeowners often make is waiting to get their home ready to be listed for sale. Timing in the spring is critical, and missing two or three weeks of the prime spring market because of being unprepared can cost a homeowner thousands of dollars. Our best advice, start getting yourself organized now with the following tips:
- Hire an experienced real estate agent that has a proven marketing plan and has had success in your market.
- Know your next move. Whether you are moving out of province or hoping to move just down the street, have a plan for what happens when your home does sell so you aren’t scrambling to make plans once offers come in.
- Be ready for open houses and plenty of showings. The first week on the market can be extremely busy, which means you and your family need to be ready to vacate your home and keep it clean. It may be an ideal time to take a vacation, book into a hotel, and perhaps board any family pets.
Getting Your Home Ready To List
Once a seller prepares themselves and their family for the spring real estate market, it’s now time to make sure the home is prepared. Below are some general tasks to consider prior to listing your home during the spring real estate market.
- Clean windows.
- Steam clean any carpeting.
- Organize closets and storage areas.
- Deep clean appliances.
- Reseal driveway.
- Freshly mulch flowerbeds and gardens.
- Trim shrubs and bushes.
- Plant bright flowers and plants.
- Fix faded or peeling paint on the outside of the house.
- Wash exterior siding.
- Have HVAC systems serviced.
List Your Oakville, Burlington or Mississauga Home With Sue Heddle Homes This Spring
If you want to sell your home in the spring, be ready for an active and fast moving real estate market. However, with the help of top real estate agent Sue Heddle, and by following the tips offered on how to prepare for the spring real estate market, it can be a smooth process.
If you’ve decided that you’ll be selling your Oakville, Burlington, Milton or Mississauga home this spring, contact Sue Heddle Homes. Our award winning seller’s program, which includes free home staging, means that your listing will get the attention it deserves. As we’re quickly approaching a busy real estate season, don’t wait to get your home prepared. Call us at (416) 906-7998 and let’s talk!