Fun Summer Activities In Oakville And Surrounding Areas
Monday Jun 25th, 2018Share
The kids will be out of school very soon and summer will be in full swing. Luckily there is so much for Oakville families to do, not only in Oakville but around all of Halton too. The Sue Heddle Homes team has put together a list of family friendly activities to help you plan out those hot summer days.
If moving is on your list this summer, Sue Heddle Homes would be happy to help. It’s important to find the right Oakville real estate agent, so we’d be happy to talk with you to find out more about your needs and what you’re looking for. Contact us anytime!
16 Summer Activities For Oakville Area Families
- Strawberry & raspberry picking (try local farms like Andrew’s Scenic Acres, Stonehaven Farms or Uncle Scott’s Farm).
- Day trip to Kelso Beach.
- Lasalle wading pool.
- Day trip to one of Halton's Conservation Areas.
- Bike rides through Oakville trails.
- Oakville Children's Festival - happening on August 17th, 2019.
- Swim in the outdoor pool at Bronte Creek Provincial Park or one of the other outdoor pools in Oakville.
- Have a lunch or dinner picnic at a park in Oakville.
- Visit all 16 Oakville Splash Pads.
- Celebrate Canada Day in Bronte Harbour.
- Shop at an Oakville Farmers' Market.
- Rent a canoe at Rockwood Conservation area near Guelph.
- Try fishing or geocaching at Robert Edmonson Conservation Area near Milton.
- Go camping close to home – try Bronte Creek campground, Brant Conservation area located near Brantford, Rockwood Conservation areas, Rattlesnake Point or Bissell’s Hideway Resort.
- Take a day trip! Some favourite destinations include Safari Niagara, Ontario Science Centre, Emerald Lake, Toronto's Ripley Aquarium, The Toronto Zoo, Canada's Wonderland or Centre Island.
If you have other favourite summer destinations, let us know and we’ll add them to our list. If you are new to Oakville, summer is a great time to get out and explore the area. Hopefully we’ll have plenty of sunny days, making it perfect to get outside and try something new.