Announced in late May, the government of Canada has launched a new program that offers Canadians grants of up to $5,000 for completing energy-saving home upgrades. From upgrading heaters, to installing solar panels or replacing drafty windows and doors, the program aims to help keep our air clean and our environment healthy.
Worth about $2.6 billion over seven years, the grants will help approximately 700,000 homeowners lower their bills and keep houses warmer during our cold winter months. If you’re interested in accessing these funds and improving the efficiency of your Oakville area home, keep reading for more information on how the program works.
How Do I Access the Canada Greener Homes Grant?
For those home owners who are keen to get started right away, here are some details on how to participate in the Greener Homes Grant initiative.
- Visit the program website to learn more.
- Register and book your pre-retrofit evaluation with a certified adviser.
- An adviser will visit your home and determine which energy-saving measures would qualify for reimbursement.
- If you choose to proceed, you can then hire a licensed contractor to complete the retrofits.
- After the completed work passes an inspection, homeowners will be reimbursed.
If you want to register for the grant by phone or if you need any assistance or advice, you can call 1-833-674-8282.
Helping You Make the Most of Your Oakville Home
With more than a decade of experience, top Oakville realtor Sue Heddle knows how to help you make the most of your home! Whether you’re looking to find a larger home for your family or want to downsize, our team is ready to help. In addition to your real estate needs, be sure to check our blog regularly for helpful tips on home maintenance and renovation, real estate and community news. If you’re thinking of buying or selling this year, contact us at 416-906-7998 and let us help you find success.
Post Your Comment: