Best Neutral Paint Colours For Updating Your Home
Thursday Jul 11th, 2019Share
One of the best ways to update and refresh your home before putting in on the market is to add a fresh coat of paint. Between new paint and home staging, you’ll be more likely to sell your home quickly, and for the price you want. That being said, if you want to sell your home, the updates you are making should be neutral and appeal to most potential buyers. While there are literally hundreds of paint colours to choose from, there are certainly some tried and true colours that deliver beautiful results while still creating a neutral space.
From whites to greys to beige, check out our lists below of the best neutral paint colours.
Best White Paint Colours
Whites can be tricky. Most people want to use it to brighten up a space, but don’t want it to end up looking too sterile. In addition, whites can pick up on other colour tones and before you know it, you’ve chosen a pinky white that doesn’t quite look like what you were going for. Here are some trusted whites that are both warm and bright.
- Benjamin Moore – Simply White
- Benjamin Moore – White Diamond (a cool white)
- Behr – Snow Fall
- Benajmin Moore – White Dove (great for larger spaces)
- Farrow & Ball – Strong White
- Behr – Silky White
- Benjamin Moore – Chantilly Lace
- Sherwin Williams – Alabaster
Best Grey Paint Colours
It plain white doesn’t speak to you, try a neutral grey. Here are some favourites to consider. From this list, Repose Grey and Barren Plain are considered to be the truest light grey with no strong undertones.
- Sherwin Williams - Repose Grey (a nice subtle light grey)
- Sherwin Williams – Magnetic Grey (a silvery-blue grey)
- Farrow & Ball – Skimming Stone
- Behr – Irish Mist (a warm grey)
- Benjamin Moore - Collingwood (a warm grey)
- Benjamin Moore - Grey Owl (a bit of a green blue undertone)
- Benjamin Moore - Barren Plain (very neutral grey)
- Benjamin Moore - Wickham Grey (very airy with blueish green undertones)
- Benjamin Moore - Stonington Grey (cooler undertones)
Best Beige Paint Colours
A warm beige is always a safe choice and will function as a great neutral for any room in your home. Beige tones have changed over the years, leaning towards more greyish and softer tones, making them a popular choice for any style of home.
- Benjamin Moore – Stone Hearth (grey toned beige with no pink undertones)
- Benjamin Moore – Stone House (very slight yellow/orange undertones)
- Benjamin Moore – Natural Linen (light beige)
- Farrow & Ball – String No. 8 (green-grey undertones)
- Sherwin Williams – Accessible Beige (a great alternative for a warm white)
- Sherwin Williams – Barcelona Beige (very neutral shade)
- Behr – Aged Beige
- Behr – Navajo White
Thinking Of Selling Your Home? Contact Sue Heddle Homes
If you’re painting your home because you’re thinking of putting it on the market in the near future, contact Sue Heddle Homes to find out how we can maximize your sale. With more than a decade of experience supporting clients through a variety of real estate transactions, Sue works hard to ensure her client’s needs are always met. As an added bonus, when you list with Sue Heddle Homes, you’ll receive free home staging. Not only will this make for an easier sale, but you’ll save thousands of dollars by letting us handle home staging for you. Ready to talk? Call us at (905) 845-9180.