8 Ways to Safely Celebrate Halloween 2020
Sunday Oct 18th, 2020Share
Even though the province is working hard to provide guidance on how trick or treating can be done safely, Halloween in Oakville will no doubt look different this year. However, different doesn’t have to mean bad! There are plenty of ways to still celebrate Halloween, all while keeping everyone safe and healthy. From modifying some of your traditions, to trying something brand new, there’s still a lot of fun to be had this year.
Need some inspiration? Take a look at this list of fun Halloween ideas we put together at Sue Heddle Homes.
- Get a Halloween themed piñata and fill it with your family’s favourite candies. Make it a fun family activity – let everyone take a turn trying to knock it down!
- Have a candy taste test session. Buy some new candies as well as some favourites and ask everyone in the family to rank the selections based on flavour, texture and taste.
- Have a Halloween movie marathon. Some of our favourites are Hocus Pocus, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and Goosebumps.
- Prepare a Halloween themed meal. Why not try eyeball pasta or Jack O’Lantern quesadillas?
- Have a virtual costume parade. Give everyone a minute or two to show off their costume and then have everyone vote for their favourite. Make it competitive and have some prizes to give away too!
- Make some pumpkin or Halloween crafts.
- Try out some face painting. From a fairy to a spooky Frankenstein, try your hand at different Halloween looks.
- Have a scavenger hunt. Whether you keep it indoors or venture out in your Oakville neighbourhood – that’s up to you! Clues can be related to the history of Halloween, include spooky riddles or Halloween jokes. At the end of the hunt, leave some trick or treat bags filled with candy.
Do you have other ideas to share? We’d love to hear them! However you decide to mark Halloween this year, we wish hope you have lots of fun while remaining as safe as possible.
Sue Heddle Homes is an award winning Oakville realtor with more than ten years of experience. In addition to offering free home staging, we use technology like 3D home tours to attract more buyers and sell your home quickly and for top dollar, in an ever changing market. If you're ready to sell or buy a home in Oakville, Burlington, Milton or Mississauga, contact Sue Heddle at (416) 906-7998.