3 Reasons Why January Is A Good Time To Sell Your Home
Friday Dec 20th, 2019Share
We get it. January is not considered a favourite month among very many. In Oakville, it’s typically cold and snowy and people are caught up in making new year resolutions! However, if you’re thinking that 2020 may be the right time to find an experienced Oakville realtor and sell your home, you’re no doubt anxious to get started.
You may be thinking that January can’t possibly be a good time to get your home on the market. In fact, if you poll your friends and family, they’ll most likely suggest that the spring may be a better time. Don’t worry though, there really is no reason to wait!
You Can Have Success Listing Your Home In January
If you want to sell your home in the early part of 2020, take comfort in the fact that there are actually a lot of great reasons to start the process as soon as the calendar flips to a new year.
1. Historically, there are usually fewer homes on the market in the Oakville, Burlington and Milton areas in January. This means you’ll have less competition which can result in getting a good offer that much faster.
2. People who are house hunting in January are serious buyers. At this time of year, you’ll get less people attending open houses out of curiosity or people who are only looking with the hopes of buying a home in your area in the next few years.
3. Take advantage of business cycles. Did you know that January tends to be the busiest month for corporate transfers? This means that there could be plenty of employees being transferred to your area who are looking for a quick sale and are ready to make a firm offer.
How To Improve Your Chance For A Winter Sale
Here are a few tips that can help make your January sale as successful as possible. If you’re looking for an Oakville realtor with proven success, contact Sue Heddle Homes. We offer all of our clients free home staging - an excellent way to increase your selling price and reduce the number of days on the market.
- In addition to current photos, if you have professional summer photographs of the outside of your home, it’s a good idea to include these in the listing.
- Always ensure your driveway and walkways clear of snow and ice.
- Keep your home comfortably warm, and if you have one make use of the fireplace to create an inviting winter environment.
- Create a take-away sheet for prospective buyers that highlights winter activities in your area such as skating rinks, tobogganing hills or the best place to get a hot chocolate!
Sell Your Home This January With Sue Heddle Homes
As you can see, there really is no reason to wait to sell your home in 2020! Let’s get your home ready to list in January and take advantage of the opportunities the first month of the year can bring. Sue Heddle Homes offers more than a decade of experience and knows what it takes to facilitate a successful sale. We’d be happy to provide a free home evaluation and meet with you to discuss the best next steps. Ready to move forward? Call us at (416) 906-7998!